Monday – pray for Schools (pupils/teachers/parents)
Spiritual Exercise: Breath Prayer www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-centering-prayer/
- For peace over children and young people in this time of uncertainty
- Wisdom for school leadership
- For peace for staff and parents, as they navigate uncertainty
Tuesday – pray for Government
Spiritual Exercise: Lectio Divina (Psalm 139) www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-lectio-divina-psalm-139/
- For wisdom for those having to make weighty decisions in government
- For the Government advisors
- For God’s wisdom and peace to be on them
Wednesday – pray for Coronavirus
Spiritual Exercise: Ezekiel Reflection www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-ezekiel-reflection/
- For breakthroughs in treatment and a vaccine to be developed
- For all to take seriously the measures put in place to protect us all
- For the Kingdom of God to break through and defeat this virus
- Those who have contracted COVID-19 and are trying to recover
Thursday – pray for Community/Neighbours
Spiritual Exercise: Daily Examen www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-the-daily-examen/
- Those who are isolated, lonely and fearful
- Those in the most at-risk categories
- Those suffering heartache from having lost loved ones
- Those who are suffering financially
Friday – pray for the Leadership of the church
Spiritual Exercise: Lectio Divina (Psalm 143) www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-lectio-divina/
- Nik and Maggie as they pastor the church.
- Smallgroup leaders
- Pray for protection for them and their families, wisdom to lead, and for new leaders
Saturday – pray for Reach Out and Compassion
Spiritual Exercise: Be Still www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-centring-exercise/
- Pray for innovative and creative ways to share the gospel message of Good News.
- For God to inspire us as a church to reflect his creativity in all we do
- Pray for more opportunities to serve the wider community (supporting the Women’s refuge, to help those in need and to do practical things in our neighbourhoods).
Sunday – pray for the people of the church
Spiritual Exercise: Imaginative Prayer www.vineyardchurches.org.uk/prayfast/spiritual-exercise-gods-gaze/
- Ask God to bless one another and grow community.
- Pray for Vineyard kids
- Pray for healing and wholeness
- Pray for More!